What to expect
- 8.0 meter –Byangum Bridge is closed
- 6.5 meter –Byrrill Creek is cut off at Tweed River bridge
- 6.0 meter –Rowlands Creek Road is impassable
- 5.5 meter –Smiths Creek Road is flooded
- 5.0 meter –Palmers Road is cut off
- 4.0 meter –Byrrill Creek Road is interrupted at Cedar Creek causeway
- 3.5 meter – Mt Warning Road is cut off
Measurements are from the Tweed River level gauge in Uki (standard is 1.2 meter).
Prepare for a possible flood and stock up with Bottled Water, Non-Perishable Food and needed Medication.
Avoid travelling where possible and organise necessary drives sooner rather than later.
Drive with extra caution. DO NOT CROSS flooded roads or causeways !
CALL 000 FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES.
FOR EMERGENCY HELP IN FLOODS AND STORMS CALL THE SES NSW ON 132 500